WOW demerger - EDV entitlement

Wakefield,

As Philip has answered, enter EDV as $0. May have to enter it as $0.0000001.

Leave the WOW position exactly as is with the same Buy Price from the date back in Jan when you bought it. At the moment this reflects a loss for WOW.

This is how we are entering it in the ASX Public Portfolio. Is available for download now.

Our EDV allocation cannot be sold yet on our broker platform and I think this can only be done on Wed 1 July. How were you able to sell yours?

Regards

Thank You Gary and Phillip for your suggestions which I will implement
Gary, I have a cfd position with Ig and the EDV units were allocated when the market opened on Friday morning.

Hi all, I too was wondering how to enter EDV into my portfolio in beyond charts. Adding it with $0 cost and fee makes sense. However for me it doesn’t appear as an option in the beyond charts securities??

I’m currently holding both WOW and EDV. any advice welcome to correct beyond charts and ensure my portfolio statistics remain correct… return on capital % etc… cheers

Beyond Charts will not accept a trade for $0 value. I entered as $0.0000001 (7 decimal places) and total value still shows up as $0 but you can then save the trade.

Hi All, I noticed that on the WOW chart the split appears as a dividend. If you right click and select trade the dividend window comes up with type as Demerger or Spinoff with a price of 6.50 per share.
I was going to transact this as a dividend at 6.50 Then buy EDV at 6.50 on the same day with 0 brokerage. Then sell at the market price.
Cheers Nick

Good morning all, are there any other commsec users here? My EDV allocation is visible and tradable on Link investor services but not yet on Commsec. Has anyone’s allocation become tradable on Commsec yet? Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil,

My EDV Bonus Shares have not been allocated to my Commsec account after selling WOW on Friday 25th June ex Bonus Shares…I have emailed asking when these will be allocated so i can sell.
Late on the 25th June after calling Commsec they advised I will be allocated the Bonus Shares on Thursday 1st July.

I was told the same thing but they are still not in my account
I’ve emailed them again to rectify
I will advise of any response received

I use SelfWealth - I was told 1st July & my EDV shares appeared in my account this morning - hopefully your’s will appear shortly.

I am with Commsec and EDV shares not there yet but checked Link and they are shown there…I sold Friday too.

Showing on CMC Markets

I sold my WOW holdings with SelfWealth on Friday. EDV was visible this morning and I sold on open.

I also had a WOW holding with IG Markets that were sold on Friday. So far there are not any EDV allocated to the accounts. The only difference that I can see is that it operates under the custodial model. I don’t understand why that would make a difference.

my EDV shares are now in my Commsec account (after some prompting !)

My EDV Bonus shares were just allocated to my Commsec account for sale after emailing to rectify asap.
Hopefully other Commsec users will have their allocation too.

Thanks all, I’ll chase up commsec if EDV doesn’t appear in my account soon. Cheers

My EDV shares finally appearing in Commsec. My question is, do we have to sell them? I still have my WOW shares if it makes any difference.

Hi Kseniya,

We can’t advise you on what to do, only let you know how the public portfolio is handling this.

The ASX EW public portfolio has sold EDV, and WOW remains an open position and will only be sold once it produces a sell signal.

Proceeds from the sale of EDV will be redeployed back into portfolio upon the next buy opportunity.

Regards,

David.

To be mechanical you should follow your written investment plan. If it doesn’t have that (and whose would) you need to decide whether you will this time and for the future in these circumstances, sell or keep and hold outside your SWS portfolio. Keep in mind that your current portfolio will suffer the loss of withdrawing capital out of the portfolio. Whatever you decide, you should do it with the intent of being consistent in this event in the future. If you keep then you also have to work out where your exit will be.

Phillip’s last sentence is the most important, you have to pre-define your risk for EDV, i.e. what criteria will determine when you sell.

The longer that the EDV position remains open from the spin-off date the wider the differential will become between WOW and EDV compared to when they were ‘one’. We just don’t know which way the price differential will go.

Thank you for all responses! Great advises!