SAXO Support

Give them away and go to Schwab - none of these problems there.

In 2 minds on whether to resurrect this post or start anew, here goes with the old.

A quick question in regard to Saxo. I am having difficulty getting EOY tax reports as would normally be sent out by the issuer (eg iShares/Computershare for IJH/IVV). Saxo say they are not providing financial reports. Does anyone have an acceptable way of obtaining the required tax reports?

Steve

Have you tried their online web connect portal (different to the trading platform) which has multitudes of reports: https://www.onlinewebconnect.com/login/

Yes I have thanks, I use that exclusively. Unfortunately they do not include any tax reports.

Hi Steve,

You are correct that there are no ‘specific’ tax reports, however, just as feedback, I’ve used the various reports from the webconnect portal (i.e. Executed Trades / Financial Statements etc) for my 4 portfolio’s (2 within my SMSF, and 2 outside, in both AU and US) for many years, and both my Accountant and SMSF Auditor have never had any issues with them.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Graeme

Hi Steve
I had a similar problem/requirement and commented in this thread sometime ago.

In my situation Saxo comes up with the standard Sharesight reports as I use Sharesight to track and manage several portfolios ( SMSF , Trusts and a few personal accounts) and produce financial statements for tax purposes.

The Sharesight interface with Saxo is now working although it still has an error due to the exchange rate value used for international (US) share transactions. I edit these transactions so that the net transaction amount in AUD$ is correct. I have reported this issue to Sharesight in order to have it fixed.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks Phillip, Graeme & Chris,
All very helpful thanks. The Webconnect link recommended by Phillip was helpful and not what I had thought. Having looked at the reports available in the link I can see that they will be suitable.
Regards,
Steve

Hi all who use Saxo as (one of) their broker(s),

Be aware that Saxo is currently conducting an ‘account documentation renewal’ with all the investors who use them as a broker. This is is part of the ongoing regulatory compliance obligations that all brokers have to do with their clients from time to time.

Whilst the Client Documentation Renewal may already be under you account on the Saxo platform under Support (’?’ top right), you will probably get an email about it too.

Ensure that you don’t miss it as in the worst case you may not be able to execute trades.

Regards,
Gary